A Blog about Discovery.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

To Tweet or Not to Tweet- Is that the question?

Me vs. Twitter

So that we are all on the same page here, TWITTER is:

A social networking and micro blogging service that enables its users to send and read other users' updates known as tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters in length. Updates are displayed on the user's profile page and delivered to other users who have signed up to receive them.

So, another social networking site to invade my incredibly fascinating fabulous life with hours of wasted time and regret? I can pass on tweeting it to strangers in the stratosphere. This exemplifies my feelings:




You could say I have been adamantly against Twitter for a while now. I suppose it originated the moment I heard someone refer "tweet" as a form of communication. And then built steam when a social networking site involving tweeting was a priority over a relationship involving real conversations. (Thank you Twestival LA). Sure, I didn't know details, and perhaps I made rash assumptions, but is it really necessary to telling the world of the Internet what you are doing every moment?

"Going to clip my toenails, going to call my grandma, going to barf all over the computer...."




(i love that I can google "barf" and some poor fat kid on spring break comes up)



But yesterday as I vigorously type into my blackberry that I am currently needing to find a tax guy, the light bulb that occupies my brain begins to flicker.

I am one of them.








I rejected the whole Twittastic concept, but yet I am loving Facebook status updates, and honestly very much intrigued by the fact that I can send out any nebulous question to be answered by anyone who cares enough to listen. Isn't that basically the same thing?

Pro's for Twitter- A facebook without all the albums, bothersome "what sex in the city character are you" apps, with a direct message chat, and the option to choose to follow anyone you please and receive their updates.
And have them follow you.
Sounds creepy when I type it out like that, doesn't it?
This guy gets to know what you are always up to.

I think I was about to join, till I got carried away and put that last picture up.

That is creepy, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment