A Blog about Discovery.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Age.

Aging is strange. Feels like everyone wants to avoid it, but this year I couldn't have been more ecstatic to age another 365th day. I can officially round up to 30. I suppose I was more than ready to exit 25 and welcome adulthood with open arms.

I began acting like an adult by going to Six Flags. More than anything, I decided that people watching may be the best attraction at Six Flags. My attention was held by a dude who continued to yell "ohh yeeeaaaah, wooooo, oh yeeeeeeah!" at the top of his lungs throwing his arms up with his hands in fists as he walked behind his lady in red. He wasn't yelling to anyone, just himself. And this was well after the ride had ended. In fact, it was far away from any of the rides. I couldn't help but contemplate what he did for a living. If he can make it, this must indeed be Amurica. And by golly, I can make it to. *golf claps*












I looked upon with enthusiasm as if he was there for my entertainment, as my heart palipations returned to a normal steady beat. It was called Goliath for a reason, I tell you.

I figured I was a thrill seeker, but sweet baby Jesus, I forgot how terrifying those rides were. In fact, I think my favorite was the bumper cars if I'm going to be totally honest with you. After I figured out how the hell you strap yourself
 in with some assistance,
 










I realized I could also drive backwards. This gave me an advantage to suerve around any unforseen bumping and un-savvy drivers. Which, I may add, there were plenty.

                      
  
               







 
For the next ride, I convinced my boyfriend we would take a nice slow log ride. Log Jammer, yes, this ride is going to be nice. I had a vague recollection of enjoying this a summer back and it's peaceful glide. No. It has the word "jammer" in it for a reason. It jams. It doesn't saunter or sway. Awesome sign also. Really? 

So unknowingly, we jammed down a waterfall and then I realized why there was no line and no one else in sight. It was 60 degrees and cloudy, and we were on a 'soak you ride.' I ended up looking like a drowned rat, with an annoyed boyfriend who expected something a bit more "peaceful and dry."



















I have always half-dreaded birthdays. It is that day you have to acknowledge even if you don't feel like it. You remember who doesn't call and act like it didn't matter to you, but it really did, then you end up sulking because it is your birthday and you shouldn't be sulking over something so silly and ridiculous, they were probably just busy and forgot. Anyyyywayyy............

That didn't happen this year. I was so happy to be leaving the shit storm that was 25 I welcomed the opportunity to celebrate with open arms and gave no excuses to hold back. Nothing was stopping this party train. And it was honestly the best day ever. Goodbye you 25th year, hello you gorgeous and fabulous 26th. Lets do this. Adulthood is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment