A Blog about Discovery.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

This is my life.

So, doing my submissions today, I am innundated by the amount of absurd roles being casted. I'm sitting here reevaluating my very whisp of a career, and wondering:
Do people really go out for this stuff?

The first: A Jack in The Box commercial. And this is the breakdown.
Bowl Haircut PeopleJack in the BoxCommercial




scale shoot and residuals
$1500 bump for cutting hair / Male or Female / All Ethnicities / 20 - 50
This spot is about misguided Jack in the Box employees who all get their hair cut into
"Bowl Haircuts" THEY WILL SHOOT THEM GETTING THE HAIRCUT! Everyone cast
MUST BE WILLING TO HAVE THEIR HAIR CUT INTO THIS "BOWL HAIRSTYLE"
Please see the reference photo. (Yes, it will be as extreme as the photo.) I am open to
men who are balding also...
I



1500
bump for the haircut? You couldnt possibly pay me enough to cut my hair for a commercial to
that of a twisted lesbian-man-child creation of a haircut. Which, you will most likely be flashed
across the frame for a mere micro second. And then what.. you are left to deal with the rest of
auditions you actually
don't land because of it?

My favorite is that they are "open" to take balding men. If you are balding, doesn't that mean you
lack hair, so how would one actually cut it, if there is so very little to cut? Or some guy is like,
"To hell with it, looks like I'm balding, lets take the rest off into a creepy bowl cut!"

Here are a few I also found amusing. The ultimate
Woman-Wife!



Woman/Wife

Lead / Female / All Ethnicities / 25 - 32 / Nudity / Sexual Situations /
A fun-loving and beautiful young housewife that loves being married,

but also loves doing her "sex and the city" thing on the weekends with her girlfriends.

Talk about depth. Good thing those classes got me to dig into emotionally deep places.

Oh, and you have to get naked.

Is this what men think woman are like? We just do our "sex in the city" thing on the weekend?

What does that even mean:

We drink cosmos and devuldge our rhetorical men rants over a sex column and buy Vogue

instead of dinner?

And my favorite: A leetle ex girlfriend to a ....clown? Huh? Pays 150! Hop on it!!

The excessive exclamation marks lead me to think it is less credible.

That, or ah, just the breakdown itself:

Little Person

Other / Female / All Ethnicities / 18 - 28
In need of a little person NO TALLER THAN 4'6" to play an exgirlfriend to a clown on a

hidden camera show for MTV!!! HALF DAYS WORK!!!!!! $150 CASH!!!!!!

Very quick only a couple hours!!!!


Sweet. This is my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment